- School Group Bookings
- School Group Booking Terms and Conditions
RESOURCES FOR COURSES PTY LTD – SCHOOL GROUP BOOKING - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HSC AND CAREERS EXP0 2022
EXPO DATES: Thursday 2 June, Friday 3 June, Saturday 4 June and Sunday 5 June 2022 – Event days
School Group Bookings available for Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June 2022 only
These terms and conditions are designed to ensure there is no confusion once a School Group Booking Contact makes a School Group Booking to bring a group of students to the Expo in 2022. By submitting a School Group Booking you acknowledge you have read and agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
DEFINITIONS AND KEY DATES
1. Key Dates
“Final Booking Date” means Friday 8 April 2022.
“Final Change Date” means Friday 29 April 2022.
“Final Invoice Issue Date” means Friday 29 April 2022.
“Final Cancellation Date” means Friday 6 May 2022.
“Final Payment Date” means Friday 6 May 2022.
In these terms:
“Attendee” means the person named on the Attendee Spreadsheets provided by the School Group Booking Contact to the Organiser.
“Attendee Information” means the visitor information provided voluntarily to the Exhibitor, including, where applicable, a visitor’s name, school information, year level and email address.
“Attendee Spreadsheet” means the Excel template provided to the School Group Contact by the Organiser on which all attendees, including students and accompanying teachers must be entered.
“Booking Form” means the form completed by the School Group Contact via Expo website.
“Confirmation Email” means the email generated from the Organiser to the School Group Booking Contact once the School Group Booking Form is submitted.
“Exhibitor” includes the Exhibitor’s employees, agents and contractors.
“Expo” means HSC and Careers Expo 2022.
“Fee” means the fee payable by the school to the Organiser for its students to attend the Expo, being $8 per student.
“Force Majeure Event” means anything affecting a party outside of that Organiser’s reasonable control, including but not limited to fire, storm or other extreme weather event, flood, earthquake, epidemic, COVID-19, war, invasion, terrorism, civil commotion, blockade or embargo, labour dispute, labour shortage, failure or delay in transportation or supply, or any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand, requisition or requirement or any other act of any government authority.
“Non-Refundable Fee” is a 10% per ticket fee (equivalent to 80 cents per ticket) to cover the Organiser’s reasonable expenses already incurred including third-party booking fees.
“Organiser” includes the Organiser’s employees, agents and contractors.
“QR Code” means the QR Code that each Attendee will use to gain entry to the Expo. This QR Code contains the Required Student Information/Required Teacher Information.
“Refund” means a refund of the amount paid for a School Group Booking.
“Required Student Information” means first name, last name, school name, email address and year level in 2022 for each student attending the Expo.
“Required Teacher Information” means first name, last name, school name, email address and mobile phone number for each teacher attending the Expo.
“School Group Booking” means a booking to bring a group of year 10, 11 and/or 12 students to the Expo.
“School Group Booking Contact” means the person named as the main contact on the Booking Form and the person with whom the Organiser will liaise.
BOOKING, PARTICIPATION AND PAYMENT
3. Once a School Group Booking Contact makes a booking to bring a group of students to the Expo in 2022 via the Booking Form on our website, the person named as the School Group Booking Contact will instantly receive a Confirmation Email showing the day and time requested in the booking. The day and time requested by the school in its Booking Form is subject to availability. All Bookings must be made by the Final Booking Date.
4. The School Group Booking Contact will be required to submit an Attendee Spreadsheet (you will be provided a template as an attachment when you receive the Confirmation Email) with the Required Student Information and Required Teacher Information by the Final Booking Date.
5. An invoice for the Fee will be emailed to the School Group Booking Contact on the Final Invoice Issue Date.
6. The Fee is payable in full by the school by the Final Payment Date.
7. Registered teachers accompanying school groups are admitted to the Expo free of charge.
8. Payment for a School Group Booking can only be made using a school credit card or direct bank credit from the school. No third party payment options are available.
9. If, after completing the Booking Form and receiving the Confirmation Email, the school wishes to change any part of the School Group Booking, this must be done via email by the School Group Booking Contact to the Organiser by the Final Change Date.
10. Any Fee not paid by the Final Payment Date may result in the cancellation of the School Group Booking.
CHANGES TO EXPO
11. The Organiser reserves the right to change the venue for the Expo, to close the Expo or vary its hours, or to vary or add to the format of the Expo (including holding an online event) as is necessary or required by law, and to the extent permitted by law will not be liable for any loss to a school arising from such a change.
CANCELLATION BY SCHOOL GROUP BOOKING CONTACT
12. If a school wishes to cancel a School Group Booking paid by credit card prior to the Final Cancellation Date, a Refund will be provided to the school less the Non-Refundable Fee.
13. If a school wishes to cancel a School Group Booking paid by direct bank deposit prior to the Final Cancellation Date, a Refund will be provided to the school.
14. No Refunds will be provided if a school wishes to cancel its booking after the Final Cancellation Date for any reason including a Force Majeure Event.
CANCELLATION BY ORGANISER
15. In the event of the cancellation of the Expo by the Organiser for any reason including a Force Majeure Event, the Organiser will provide a Refund for School Group Bookings paid by credit card, less the Non-Refundable Fee.
16. In the event of the cancellation of the Expo by the Organiser for any reason including a Force Majeure Event, the Organiser will provide a Refund for School Group Bookings paid by direct bank deposit.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
17. No Attendee Information will be shared with a third party by the Organiser unless requested by the relevant health authorities for the contact tracing purposes if necessary.
18. If an Attendee chooses to allow an Exhibitor to scan their QR Code voluntarily for the purposes of receiving information from the Exhibitor, the Organiser bears no responsibility for this action.
19. If a provision (or part of it) of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable or invalid, then to the extent possible the provision will be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. The parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the state of Victoria, Australia.
Resources for Courses Pty. Ltd. – Terms and Conditions for Schools
Last updated 4 October 2021 and will be updated as circumstances dictate.
You may also be interested in...
- The Hotel School (under T)
All courses have pathways credits through to a Masters of Business in Global Hotel Leadership.
- Patrick's College Australia (under P)
- Leisure Employment Australia (under L)
Leisure Employment Australia specialises in the employment of school based traineeships in the sport and recreation industry.
- Australian Taxation Office (under A)
Our aim at the expo is to help the community understand their tax and super obligations as well as their entitlements.
- Centre for Education and Workforce Development (under C)